sábado, 8 de abril de 2017

My bits of Advice



And here I am, at the very last entry of the course. It went by in a fast and smooth way. I learned very much and could already apply some of the B183's teachings to my own entrepreneurial life. 
I got into this course in what I believe to be a privileged position, as an entrepreneur. I have run by small business from home for the past 5 years, starting with only a computer and a printer. My only investment was a desk and some stationary. I have made my revenue grow as if I had a good employment and have built an office in my house. Still, my business is too small and I want to make it grow.
B183 got to my life in a difficult entrepreneurial moment. I am almost not able to handle all of my demand by myself but am still scared of incurring into the cost of an employee. This is a risk taking moment for me. A very busy one as well.

During the semester I was required to read many articles, books and watch many videos of other people that have walked this path and that shared with me their successful tips. I was able to conclude that this is the right path for me and that, even when I have a long way to go, I can make my tiny company grow and bless the lives of many.
If you want to begin the entrepreneur journey I have something to tell you: You can do it! But you have to be willing to pay the price this path requires. It will give you freedom and a sense of accomplishment as you see your ideas to become a reality. At the same time, it will require that you take RISK! and it is scary! My advice for you is to only incur in risk after you analyse every possible outcome and when you are sure you can live with the worst possible scenario of starting your company. If you can take it (leaving an employment and not finding other for some time, loosing some money, sacrificing your time) then go for it! and work hard with the help of the Holy Ghost
Oh, yes! Remember, "through the power of the Holy Ghost (you) may know the truth of all things", even business truths!


The most important think I learned in B183 and that I wish I will never forget was elder Robert Gay's talk, on an entrepreneurship symposium. 
He told us very boldly and full of truth (because we can recognize it as we hear his words) what the real objective of business is: It is not to make a lot of money. It is not to become rich. It is to provide for many families and mainly to bring people unto the Gospel. Unto Christ.
It is my hope that all of us, you and me, that we will grow together as entrepreneurs and run extraordinary companies that will provide for many, provide opportunities of service (by giving people the necessary resources to serve full time at some point of their lives), that will add good things into the world and, above all, that will guide God's children back into his heard.
Remember, you are not alone.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário